We seek individuals who have capacity and skills to match those required by an individual.
If you are seeking a rewarding career with an organisation that is committed to making a difference in the lives of the people it supports, follow the links for the positions below;
- Permanent Part-time | 30 Hours per week across a 24 / 7 roster
- DDSO Level 3 + Super + Penalties & Allowances
- Supporting people living in Kilburn, Adelaide Metro
Are you looking to step up into a leadership role within the disability sector? Do you enjoy variety in your work? – Apply now!
About the Opportunity
The Senior Disability Support Worker will act as a leading member of a direct support team. This opportunity will suit an experienced Personal Carer or Support Worker with leadership qualities ready to take the next step in their career.
This role will primarily provide direct care and support to clients including:
- Assisting individuals with identifying and achieving their personal goals
- Accompanying people to health care appointments
- Personal care including toileting, showering/ bathing, dressing and other personal hygiene tasks
- Behaviour support and teaching/modelling appropriate social skills
- Housekeeping, recreation, and leisure
Additional responsibilities are to lead, mentor and support team members to oversee the day to day management of the home.
These responsibilities include care planning and service delivery; household management and administrative tasks; while working collaboratively with Coordinators, Human Resources, Senior Managers and other stakeholders.
Shifts are rostered over a 7 day, 24 hour weekly schedule which includes nights and weekends. Applicants must be willing and able to work at least 1 active overnight shift per roster.
You are driven and passionate about improving your clients’ well-being and quality of life; with the leadership qualities to inspire others to do the same.
You have the ability to effectively distribute time based on the needs of the team and the individual participants being supported. Your positive attitude, flexibility, collaborative can-do approach, leadership and problem-solving skills will ensure you are successful.
It is essential that you have:
- 3+ years’ experience working with people with a disability
- A recognised qualification in Support Work or Disability Support
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the rights of people with disabilities with a strong sense of accountability, privacy and confidentiality
- Confidence in using various software and technologies (incl. MS Office Suite, smartphones, tablets, laptops etc.)
- Valid DCSI/DHS clearances for working with people with disabilities
- Current Provide First Aid and Provide CPR training certificates
- A current drivers’ licence, and a reliable vehicle that you can use for work purposes.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience in a similar role or leading a small team of support workers and completing administrative tasks
- Previous experience supporting people with autism
- Manual handling training (if you don’t have this currently you will need to complete this online before you start)
- Assist with Medications training
- Experience in providing high level supports such as catheter care, administering intermittent catheters, bowel care and PEG feeding
HomePlace supports people who live independently in their own homes to live in their own homes in the community and enable individuals to be safe and supported to make continuous improvements in their quality of life.
HomePlace is an organisation built on the belief that every individual has the right to a secure home and active participation in the life of the community. Their work and culture attracts people with a strong social conscience and genuine care for improving the lives of people with a disability.
If you would like to join the friendly and vibrant team at HomePlace, please prepare your resume and cover letter (combined in 1 pdf or word document to upload) outlining how you meet the requirements of the role. To submit, please click the ‘Apply’ button and follow all steps.